Accounts Payable AdministratorJuly 7, 2022 4:05 am
Let us introduce ourselves…
It’s the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams, together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role is a hybrid location with travel as required into either the Birmingham or Stratford-Upon-Avon hub.
Want to find more about our amazing benefits?
Meet the team
Reporting to the Client Account Manager, Debt & Asset Recovery, we are looking for an AP administrator to join our friendly, busy Debt & Asset Recovery team baaed from either the Birmingham or Stratford upon Avon hubs. Working as part of the team, will facilitate the delivery of financial transaction processes in support of our Debt & Asset Recovery business.
This is an important role within the growing Debt & Asset Recovery business and interacts closely with the Debt & Asset Recovery senior leadership team and across the wider LS&DR Business Unit and the firm in particular with the central Finance Operations team.
- ensuring Debt & Asset Recovery government contract disbursement invoices and expenses are processed promptly and accurately
- liaising with central AP team in Finance Operations to ensure disbursements are paid promptly and in accordance with client and supplier requirements
- minimising overdue invoices in line with payment terms
- reviewing and processing direct debits
- creation of new vendor accounts
- resolving vendor queries
- Debt & asset Recovery AP ledger housekeeping
- performing monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- facilitating internal training and process awareness with fee earners on our new PMS system (Aderant)
- acting as an advocate of the AP policies in all instances
Key skills and experience you will have
- demonstrable experience in similar role within a finance, banking or accounts role
- previous experience working in a legal or banking environment preferred
- enjoy working with numbers, accurate keyboard skills and have a strong attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- the ability to work across a number of IT platforms; intermediate-level Excel skills at a minimum essential
- a proven track record of resolving queries and meeting targets
- a proven track record of providing stakeholders an excellent service
- experience in prioritising competing workloads and managing external parties’ expectations
Key competencies you will need:
- able to cope with a high volume workload and work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- highly enthusiastic and willing to go the extra mile
- respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude
- keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this role
- ability to work in a team and comfortable working at all levels
- flexible and have the ability to operate in a changing environment
- to be analytical and highly organised
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice