AssociateJune 28, 2022 2:54 pm
Would you like to work with a wide range of clients, from national PLCs to small local developers? Would you like to be part of a dynamic, forward thinking team producing excellent quality work?
You will work as part of a close knit team on complex development land acquisition and disposal work, including strategic land option and promotion agreements, carrying out title reviews and due diligence. You will naturally manage your own case load, which will include land transfers and infrastructure agreements.
Your key duties will include:
- reviewing and reporting to clients on title documents and search results
- negotiating real estate documents, such as sale and purchase agreements, deeds of easement, transfer documents etc.
- drafting and negotiating infrastructure documents
- supervising paralegals
- working with a team of experienced lawyers on a broad range of acquisition work
- working as part of a team on larger scale deals and running your own caseloads of matters
Skills and experience you will have:
- 4 years’ + previous experience ideally to include residential development land acquisition work
- experience of drafting property documents
- a solid ability to prioritise workload and cope with changing demands
- confident interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with repeat clients and as a team
- the ability to seek out and develop marketing opportunities
- good technical knowledge of Real Estate law
- a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment
Neil Gosling heads the team. He has acted for the majority of the country’s top 10 national house-builders as well as for significant institutional landowners, private builders and developers. He has enviable experience in dealing with all aspects of the acquisition and disposal of consented and unconsented land, strategic land, consortium-led purchases and complex multi-phase mixed-use regeneration schemes.
It’s the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams, together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Check out our amazing benefits here
How we work
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will be a hybrid of working from home and from either our Leicester, Solihull, Milton Keynes or Birmingham hubs.
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice