Building Services Assistant/ReceptionistAugust 5, 2022 4:05 pm
Are you looking for a change?
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary with great benefits including private medical, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and a bonus day off for your birthday
- A culture of trust, empowerment and autonomy over your work
- Part of a vibrant, forward- thinking team, who encourage and support your career development
- A unique mix of building support and reception work, allowing a breadth of work perfect for someone who enjoys client facing duties
To work as part of the buildings services team providing a professional high quality and efficient office support service to the firm. This role is all about service excellence. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who wants to do everything superbly well and where nothing is too much trouble.
Your key duties will be:
- Assist when required with the meet and greet service for clients and visitors coming to the office
- Assist with organising meeting rooms and the provision of refreshments
- Conducting receptionist duties on a rotational basis
- Assist with the moving and organisation of office equipment, stationery and meeting room furniture as and when required
- Assist with ensuring we implement our environmental policy within our offices and recycling areas are kept in correct order and guidance labelling in place
- Assist with new layout plans for offices and office moves
- Pro-actively ensure good housekeeping is adhered to throughout the office
- Report equipment when it is faulty and follow up until replaced or fixed
- Ensure kitchens areas, stationery points and MFDs are sufficiently stocked at all times
- Ordering consumables and replenishing stocks as and when necessary keeping all areas tidy
- Identify any H&S issues/hazards, as well as any general maintenance or cleaning issues and report promptly to the relevant party
- Prepare for new starters and leavers with lockers, keys and access as required
- Ensure all information displayed in the office are appropriate and up to date at all times
- Assist with supervision of any external contractors and building management team as required
- Assist with any document service related activities as required including fire warden and first aid duties
- Any other duties commensurate with the buildings services
The working hours are on a shift basis covering 8am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday, working 37 hours in total per week. On occasion, you may be required to work weekends and outside the normal core hours.
What you’ll need:
- a minimum of 12 months’ recent experience in a similar role within a legal or professional services environment
- previous experience of telephony work
- a professional presentation, excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- to be proactive and enthusiastic to provide good service to clients
- flexibility with regard to working hours
- a passion to deliver a truly excellent service every time
Meet the team:
To provide truly outstanding client service we work as one team. Our Business Operations Group is made up of business professionals who work with our legal professionals to provide market leading expertise to our clients. The Groups include; Finance, Operations, HR, Marketing, IT, Risk and the Executive Leadership team.
Our Operations team is at the core of our business. It is made up of 3 sub teams – Facilities, Client Services and Reception totalling around 60 people based across all our office locations.
The teams provide an excellent and proactive support service to our internal and external clients. From ensuring that all visitors to the firm receive a warm welcome to providing a well maintained and safe working environment and ensuring the smooth running of our facilities, they put hospitality and service at the heart of everything they do.
Find out more about us:
It’s the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams, together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Check out our amazing benefits here
How we work
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Lincoln, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role is based from our Leicester office, with no option to work from home.
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice