Conveyancing Executive / SolicitorJune 24, 2022 3:39 am
Are you an experienced conveyancing executive or solicitor looking for your next career opportunity?
Our residential conveyancing team are a welcoming bunch. They are dynamic, hardworking and highly supportive of each other in providing a great service to our clients. This is an exciting time of growth and we would love to tell you more about our empowered working culture.
The role will involve providing a high quality legal service to clients in the sale and purchase of residential properties with particular emphasis on residential freehold and leasehold sales, acting for clients on private transactions.
Your key duties will be:
- dealing with clients in a professional manner, maintaining close and regular contact
- liaising regularly with individuals involved in transactions including lenders and agents
- handling queries and enquiries efficiently
- maintaining good file management
- providing updates within specific timeframes to individuals and agents on progress
- working to strict deadlines
- working within the team processes and procedures
- ensuring all relevant compliance measures, including those required by the Conveyancing Quality Scheme
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 4 years’ previous experience as a conveyancing executive or solicitor, specialising in residential conveyancing matters
- a relevant qualification
- experience handling your own caseload and using a case management system
Key competencies you will need:
- demonstrable technical knowledge; including leasehold and more complex transactions
- a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment
- excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- IT literacy with the ability to use case management systems
About you – you will be:
- highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile and be happy to go beyond the job description
- respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude
- keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this
How we work:
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Lincoln, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull and Stratford-upon-Avon. This role could be based in our Stratford-upon-Avon, Nottingham or Leicester office with a weekly blend of working from home and from our hub location.
Let us introduce ourselves…
It is the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams; together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves from how you dress, to how, when and where you work – we focus on outputs.
Want to find more about our amazing benefits
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice