Corporate SolicitorJuly 1, 2022 4:05 pm
Are you a Corporate Solicitor looking for a change?
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary with great benefits including private medical, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and a bonus day off for your birthday
- A varied workload covering M&A, ECM, venture capital and private equity and corporate governance
- A culture of trust, empowerment and autonomy over your work
- A vibrant, forward- thinking team to be part of, with the support of friendly, approachable partners who encourage and support your career development
- Involvement in Business Development from the outset
- Hybrid working with the option of working from one of our Midlands offices, Birmingham, Nottingham, Leicester, Lincoln, Stratford-upon-Avon
Working as part of a large and friendly team providing assistance on all aspects of corporate transactional and reorganisation work. You'll work with our senior lawyers to assist on large complex deals, build up your own caseload and help our team to deliver a fantastic service to our clients.
What you’ll need:
- Corporate experience. We're interested from Newly Qualified level upwards!
- A desire to enhance and build client relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- A high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills
How we work:
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Lincoln, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role can be a blend of home and office based work with travel as required into any of our Midlands hubs
Meet the team:
Our Corporate team is smashing records and we’re growing! We act for SMEs, owner managed businesses, HNWIs, VCs, financial institutions, PLCs and banks on corporate transactions. Click here for more info https://www.shma.co.uk/our-thoughts/corporate-team-hits-4-billion-deals-milestone/
Find out more about us:
It’s the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams, together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Check out our amazing benefits here
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice