Document Services AssistantAugust 2, 2022 4:05 pm
Let us introduce ourselves…
It’s the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams, together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Want to find more about our amazing benefits?
Meet the team
To provide truly outstanding client service we work as one team. Our Business Operations Group is made up of business professionals who work with our legal professionals to provide market leading expertise to our clients. The Groups include; Finance, Operations, HR, Marketing, IT, Risk and Executive Leadership team.
To work as part of the wider document services team to provide a professional high quality and efficient full range of document related services to the firm. Handling the processing of printing, scanning, document creation/editing, records management and transportation work requests.
- Completing printing requests from a variety of different sources, outputting requests to production print engines, MFDs and wide format printers in standard and full bleed format as requested.
- Creating, editing, converting and enhancing documents to and from multiple formats
- Creating electronic bundles and completion bibles
- Scanning documents using production scanners, MFDs and wide format devices. Ensuring all pages are legible, correctly rotated, no pages are missing and poor quality documents are enhanced
- Preparation and re-preparation of documents – removal of and adding of documents to and from envelopes, all types of bindings e.g. staples, paperclips, treasury tags, wallets and header sheets etc.
- Transferring of data to and from removable media, cloud based solutions, document and case management systems
- Liaising with clients to manage deadlines and any subsequent queries
- Processing and distributing incoming documents and items within set SLAs, ensuring everything is logged and traceable
- Collecting and processing outgoing post, including the processing of large mailings when required
- Arrange couriers and other signed for deliveries and collections by request, ensuring relevant details are recorded for charging and auditing purposes
- Undertaking local hand deliveries as required
- Sending and retrieving files to and from our off-site storage provider, ensuring full end-to-end audit trails are available. Completing destruction of files as required in line with our retention and destruction policy
- Regularly monitoring of MFDs across the office, reporting faults and replenishing paper, toner, waste toner and other consumables and managing stock as required.
- Assisting the building teams where required
- Any other duties commensurate with the post
Skills and experience you will have:
- Experience of working in a similar role within professional services
- Ability and knowledge to operate a variety of print room equipment including printers, scanners and finishers
- Excellent IT skills with advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office products and PDF software. Knowledge of I-manage and Uniflow and Fiery would also be beneficial
- First rate written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, whist remaining calm and professional
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi task
Key competencies you will need:
- A willingness to learn and a passion to provide a solution focused service every time
- High degree of drive, self-motivation, and energy. A “can do” attitude, able to make things happen
- Always committed to delivering excellent levels of service to clients
- Going above and beyond the core remit of the role to meet the firms needs as they evolve
- A completer/finisher with a strong focus on getting things done
- Be a team player and want to make a difference
How we work
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Lincoln, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will be based from our London office.
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice