Energy SolicitorNovember 30, 2023 5:09 am
Are you a solicitor with a genuine interest in the Energy sector? We are growing our team and would love to speak with you!
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an expanding team consisting of leading energy law specialists.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to be part of a market-leading Energy team
- A culture of trust and empowerment with responsibility and autonomy over your work and the freedom to manage when and how you do it
- The support and encouragement of a great team behind you and friendly partners who all want to help you thrive
- Full support for Business Development
- The chance to develop the team with supervision and management opportunities
- A competitive package with great benefits
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Solicitor with 3 + years PQE and a genuine interest in the energy sector to join us.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an expanding team consisting of leading energy law specialists. You will provide legal and regulatory advice and contract support work for our full range of clients and will often collaborate with other talented teams across the business to provide our clients with efficient “joined up” advice.
- drafting and negotiating a wide range of energy contracts
- advising on regulatory matters e.g. compliance with energy legislation, regulations, licences and codes
- advising on related procurement and subsidy control issues
- playing a proactive role in the team’s client care and business development activities
What you’ll need:
- between 1-5 years’ experience handling contracts and related legal matters, preferably gained within an energy / regulatory background (though not essential)
- proven experience working in a team environment
- strong analytical skills with commercial acumen
- effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
How we work:
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Leicester, Lincoln, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role can be a blend of working from home and some required travel to any one of office hubs.
Meet the team:
Our Energy team, headed up by our senior partner Andrew Whitehead, delivers innovative and optimal solutions for our clients, helping them to make the most of the opportunities that exist in this diverse and fast-paced industry. The team acts for a wide range of clients including major utility companies in the water, gas and electricity sectors, as well as developers and funders of energy (including low carbon and renewable energy infrastructure projects such as wind, solar, battery and biomass, and electric vehicles). We advise clients on how changing energy regulation will impact their businesses and on the full range of commercial contracts which they enter into when operating in the energy sector.
The team also works with lawyers in Brussels to keep abreast of EU law and policy in the sector.
Find out more about us:
It’s the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams, together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Want to find more about our amazing benefits?
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice