Litigation Legal AssistantAugust 8, 2022 2:39 am
Let us introduce ourselves…
It’s the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams, together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
Our Debt & Asset Recovery team offers significant expertise in both areas of debt recovery, and asset recovery. We act for many large national companies some of whom we have served well for 25 years or more.
The team handle personal and business-critical issues and game-changing deals across many dynamic sectors. It’s stimulating and rewarding.
We’re hardworking and deeply ambitious about creating opportunities for our employees; to move forward and achieve our ambition together. We provide an environment in which you’re supported to reach your potential; having a blend of excellent technical and business skills we have the talent to do things differently.
Here you’ll find top quality work, cutting edge training, high profile clients, and supportive colleagues.
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Want to find more about our benefits.shma.co.uk?
Are you enthusiastic, keen to learn and develop your skills? Looking for a friendly, busy and supportive team where we will help you grow? Our Debt and Asset Recovery team have numerous opportunities!
In this role we will train you up to manage your own caseload. It’s varied and busy and there is good opportunity to get involved in client liaison.
You’ll need to enjoy telephone work and juggling a busy day! Previous collections experience preferred but not essential if you have an aptitude for customer service we’ll show you the rest!
Your key duties will be:
- working as part of a team to progress matters
- having responsibility for the day to day management of your own case load
- processing claims from initial instruction through to, and including, all methods of enforcement
- issuing and preparing claims and statutory demands
- managing large volumes of calls in a timely and effective manner
- liaising with enforcement officers
- liaising with and meeting clients
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 6 months’ administration experience, ideally gained within a legal or professional services environment
- competency with IT systems to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- experience gained in the area of debt or asset recovery will be advantageous
- previous experience of running your own caseload and / or using a case management system is ideal, but not essential
Key competencies you will need:
- the ability to work well in a team and develop good working relationships with colleagues and others
- good communication skills with the confidence to liaise openly and clearly with colleagues and clients
- the ability to produce a high standard of work, sometimes under pressure, whilst maintaining accuracy and good attention to detail
- to be able to demonstrate flexibility, initiative and confidence in your own ability
We are committed to providing a service to our clients between the hours of 8am to 8pm on Monday to Thursday, 8am to 6pm on a Friday and 9am to 1pm on a Saturday. The role will normally involve working to shift patterns to accommodate these hours. This typically involves working one 11.30am – 8pm shift per week and no more than 2 Saturdays per month.
A typical shift pattern is:
Mondays to Thursdays: 8am – 4.30pm OR 9am – 5:30pm (one day to be worked 11.30am – 8pm)
Fridays: 8am – 4pm OR 9am -5pm
Saturdays (no more than 2 per month) 9am – 1pm
Where possible, we will consider candidates looking for part-time opportunities.
How we work
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will be predominantly home based with travel as required into Birmingham or one of our other West Midlands hubs
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice