Office Support AssistantDecember 1, 2023 5:11 pm
We're looking for an Office Support Assistant to join our friendly, sociable client services and facilities team in our Solihull office.
We can offer you:
- A great mix of work within a supportive and collaborative team
- A culture of trust and empowerment with responsibility and autonomy over your work
- The support and encouragement of a great team behind you who want to help you thrive
- A competitive package with great benefits
To work as part of the Document Services Team providing a professional high quality and efficient office support service to the firm.
Your key duties will be:
- Copying, printing and scanning documents as requested. Ensuring pages are clear legible and accurate and correct finishing options are applied including editing and enhancing of documents where required
- Transferring of data to and from removable media, cloud based solutions, document and case management systems
- Sending outgoing mail and inter-office mail using PPI, DMO or franking machine ensuring outgoing mail is ready for collection at the agreed times
- Distribution of incoming/inter office mail and couriered items, ensuring items are logged in and signed for
- Ensure all visitors and clients coming to the office receive a meet and greet service
- Assist with the moving and organisation of office equipment, stationery and meeting room furniture as and when required
- Hand deliveries and collections as per requests to and from local sites including filing documents at court
- Retrieving and sending files to and from the offsite storage provider and carrying out office file audits at regular intervals
- Pro-actively ensure good housekeeping is adhered to throughout the office
- Ensure kitchens areas, stationery points and MFDs are sufficiently stocked at all times
- Identify any H&S issues/hazards, as well as any general maintenance or cleaning issues and report promptly to the relevant party
- Arrange outgoing couriers and special deliveries etc. by request, ensuring relevant details are recorded for charging and auditing purposes
- Arrange for large volume printing, scanning and document finishing work to be sent to other offices for completion, ensuring SLAs are adhered to and requestors are kept updated on progress
- Prepare for new starters and leavers with lockers, keys and access as required
- Ensure all information displayed in the office are appropriate and up to date at all times
- Assist with supervision of any external contractors and building management team as required
- Assist with any facilities related activities as required including fire warden and first aid duties
- Any other duties commensurate with the post
Skills and experience you will have:
- Experience of working in a similar role within professional services
- Flexibility with working hours is essential in order to meet the needs of the business
- Excellent IT skills and ability to use Microsoft Office products confidently
- Able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, whist remaining calm and professional
- Effective communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Knowledge of H&S and hazard identification
Key competencies you will need:
- A willingness to learn and a passion to provide solution focused service every time
- High degree of drive, self-motivation, and energy. A “can do” attitude, able to make things happen
- Always committed to delivering excellent levels of service to clients
- Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not identified in this job description and assuming responsibilities as the firm’s needs change
- Completer/finisher with a strong focus on getting things done
- Be a team player and want to make a difference
To provide truly outstanding client service we work as one team. Our Business Operations Group is made up of business professionals who work with our legal professionals to provide market-leading expertise to our clients. The group includes Finance, Operations, HR, Marketing, IT, Risk and the Executive Leadership team.
Let us introduce ourselves…
It is the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognizing everyone’s contribution, and realizing the unique power of teams; together we win. As a firm, we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities, and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and delivering amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves from how they dress, to how, when, and where they work – we focus on outputs.
Check out our amazing benefits here
How we work
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Leicester, London, Lincoln, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will be predominantly home based with travel as required into Birmingham or one of our other West Midlands hubs
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice