ParalegalJuly 4, 2022 4:07 pm
Are you an experienced Paralegal looking for a new challenge? Would you like to work with an ambitious Residential Development team?
We can offer you:
- A great mix of work across a range of projects
- A culture of trust and empowerment with responsibility and autonomy over your work and the freedom to manage when and how you do it
- The support and encouragement of a great team behind you and friendly partners who all want to help you thrive
- A competitive package with great benefits
Our Residential Development team pride themselves on not only providing an excellent service but building long-term relationships with their clients. If you want to join a team who are open, honest, and jovial and love what they do, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Your key duties will be:
- Providing paralegal support to the residential development team.
- Liaising with clients, and handling queries and enquiries where appropriate
- Conducting all aspects of transactions and completing them to a high standard
- Drafting and producing forms and transactional documentation
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience in a paralegal / fee earner role which will ideally have been gained in a residential property environment
- The ability to manage volume transactions with good levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen desire to learn and enhance your existing skills
- The ability to build rapport with colleagues and clients alike
- A desire to develop the knowledge and expertise of the team, as well as yourself
How we work:
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work. We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will a blend of working from home and from either our Birmingham, Solihull or Leicester office hubs.
Neil Gosling heads the team. He has acted for the majority of the country’s top 10 national house-builders as well as for significant institutional landowners, private builders and developers. He has enviable experience in dealing with all aspects of the acquisition and disposal of consented and unconsented land, strategic land, consortium-led purchases and complex multi-phase mixed-use regeneration schemes.
Find out more about us:
It is the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams; together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves from how you dress to how, when and where you work – we focus on outputs.
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice