People AdvisorAugust 8, 2022 4:05 pm
Are you a proactive and passionate People Advisor? Would you like to join a highly-skilled and collaborative People team in a varied, challenging role? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
You will be a part of our People Advisor team and will work in a broad, generalist capacity in a fast paced environment. You will be aligned to a designated business unit working alongside a People Business Partner, with the agility and adaptability to support other business areas where needed. You will also work closely with the Senior People Advisors and wider team on a day to day basis supporting on a full range of initiatives, projects and people activities.
- have great energy and confidence in your abilities to provide solution focused and pragmatic outcomes for both the individual and organisation
- equip line managers with the people skills to develop high performing teams
- challenge the status quo and bring fresh ideas to the table; moving from traditional to progressive methods
- manage a varied range of people activities, working together with other teams, where accountability may fall outside of the People remit
What you will be doing:
- supporting and coaching line managers with any people related issues tailoring your approach to the audience
- providing quality advice, leading and managing ER matters
- working closely with hiring managers and the Talent Acquisition team; ensuring sourcing and on boarding is a great people experience
- acting as the first point of contact for day to day People Advisor activities and a point of contact in the absence of the People Business Partner
- leading and / or supporting on wider business initiatives and projects
- embedding our culture, values and behaviours across the firm
- leading and / or supporting with organisational changes, keeping track of the moving parts and handling any contentious correspondence / agreements
- supporting with annual activities such as promotions, pay reviews and incentive plans
- translating data analysis into tangible proposals and outcomes – absence, turnover, stability, reward & benefits
What you will need:
- a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in a People Advisor role is essential
- demonstrable experience managing ER cases from start to end is crucial
- attention to detail is a key fundamental part of this role, with the ability to prioritise and manage high volumes of work, maintain quality and accuracy and provide excellent service delivery
- a high degree of organisation and the ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively
- the ability to interact with, and influence, key stakeholders with confidence and credibility
- to be proactive, willing to challenge and have the confidence to identify and recommend changes and improvements
- to have a solutions focused approach
- to be empathetic with a high level of emotional intelligence
- to enjoy and thrive working in a collaborative team, supporting others when required
- keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership
Our Marketing & People Team focus on building a high-performance culture with strong engagement and a reputation for developing talent at all levels. The team has around 30 members comprising of People Advisors, People Operations, People Business Partnering, Development, Talent & Culture and Payroll & Member Services functions. This is a dedicated team of individuals all passionate about helping our people succeed.
Let us introduce ourselves…
It is the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams; together we win. As a business we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves from how you dress, to how, when and where you work – we focus on outputs.
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon, Lincoln and Sheffield. This role will be hybrid between one of our Midlands offices and working from home with occasional requirement to travel in to the Birmingham office. #LI-SS1
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice