Researcher – Executive HiringJuly 27, 2022 4:06 pm
Are you driven and passionate about talent acquisition? Do you thrive on challenge and ask yourself and others “how can we do this better?” If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary with great benefits including 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and a bonus day off for your birthday!
- Opportunity to join an award winning people team, part of a fast-growing business with great development and career possibilities
- An empowered working culture where you will be trusted, supported and encouraged to reach your potential
- Variety, responsibility, challenge within a fast-paced, fun team where you will never be bored!
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our new executive hiring team. You will be working within a small team to shape the strategy of our partner and senior leadership hiring as we develop an in-house search capability.
What you’ll be doing:
Working closely with the executive hiring manager you’ll have end-to-end responsibility for executing the research strategy for executive hires. You’ll play a key role in identifying, attracting, and assessing diverse talent for leadership roles, including:
- Participation in role briefings and subsequent update meetings, providing status reports and presentations where necessary to stakeholders ranging from senior leadership, commercial and people team colleagues
- Market mapping using a variety of research methods to source the best candidates for us; developing candidate longlists and shortlists for searches, typically at partner, board and other mission-critical senior roles
- Proactive targeting of passive candidates and developing messaging to engage with executive talent
- Working across a range of social media to develop networks in legal and professional services industries to build market intelligence and talent insights
- Communicating our employer brand, including developing creative content to build excitement in our brand
- Delivering outstanding candidate experience throughout the selection process
- Tracking metrics, collecting and analysing data for insight and ongoing improvement
- Embedding DE&I principles throughout the executive hiring process; ensuring compliance related to sourcing, hiring practices, data protection and responsible business initiatives
What you will bring to the role:
- Senior level resourcing / research experience gained from an executive search firm, agency or an in-house recruiter wanting to develop search experience
- Confident presentation and communication skills; be yourself and be brave
- Knowledge of the latest candidate sourcing tools and methods
- Ability to think laterally, curiosity and the ability to connect the dots to solve problems
- IT and social media savvy, ideally worked with applicant tracking and candidate management systems
- Ability to manage priorities and deadlines, be proactive and take initiative
- Organised and data-focused, with a strong attention to detail
- You’ll be customer-driven and exercise a high degree of professionalism in interactions with all levels of internal and external clients, with a strong commitment to exceptional candidate relationship management
Our Marketing & People Team comprises People Business Partnering, Development, Talent & Culture and People Operations functions all focussed on building a high-performance and people centric culture with strong engagement and a reputation for attracting and developing talent and enabling success at all levels.
Let us introduce ourselves…
It is the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams; together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves from how you dress, to how, when and where you work – we focus on outputs.
How we work
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Lincoln, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will be predominantly home based with travel as required into one of our office hubs. #LI-HYBRID
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice