SolicitorJuly 7, 2022 4:05 pm
Let us introduce ourselves…
It’s the people at Shakespeare Martineau that make us so special. By understanding what our people want, giving them the support they need, recognising everyone’s contribution and realising the unique power of teams, together we win. As a firm we are focused on proactively building and developing diverse teams, bringing different backgrounds, personalities and perspectives together. We play to our strengths, pushing ourselves to be consistently better than yesterday and deliver amazing solutions for our clients. We empower our teams with a high degree of individual responsibility; we self-manage and encourage everyone to be responsible for their own learning, knowing it makes us even better at what we do!
We believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves, from when and where you work, to how you dress; we focus on outputs.
Check out our amazing benefits here
Meet the team
We are looking to grow and develop our Infrastructure team, and are seeking an innovative and talented NQ Solicitor to support these plans.
Whilst previous experience in the Utility sector would be of interest to us, it is not essential. If you have a solid background in Commercial property and want to drive your own development, business development and exposure to high quality clients, this could be the opportunity for you.
Your key duties will be:
- providing assistance to a team of experienced lawyers on a broad range of Real Estate work
- with appropriate supervision, you will assist on large complex deals, but will also be building up your own caseloads of matters
- being an instrumental part in the building and growing of the Commercial Property practice, which includes freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, easements, options and landlord and tenant matters
- working as part of a wider team that has a depth and breadth of experience and expertise across most industry sectors and in every area of Commercial Property law
- providing supervision and support for junior lawyers and support team
- liaising with clients in a professional manner
Skills and experience you will have:
- Relevent experience gained during your training contract
- strong IT skills
- good file management
- the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- previous BD experience is desirable, but not a pre-requisite
Key competencies you will need:
- a high degree of proactivity, initiative and the ability to cope in a fast-paced environment
- excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- to be able to produce a high standard of work, often to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and good attention to detail
- to be able to demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, and self confidence
How we work
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Leicester, London, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. This role will a blend of working from home and with travel when required to our Stratford or Leicester office hubs.
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
This post was written by webjuice